May 14, 2013

Huge Pink Nursery Basket

Take a look at my newest creation: huge pink basket. A customer of mine wanted a basket for her daughter's nursery that could hold blankets and such. This enormous crochet basket is 17" / 43cm in diameter and 12" / 30cm in height and will hopefully hold all the items it was intended to.

I used the same pattern in the body of the basket as in my smaller baskets in my shop. The basket is 100% cotton and can be washed in a washing machine.

In the photo below, you can see my great grandmother's chair from Finland. I painted it white while I was living in Germany and redid the upholstery. This chair had no cushion on the back, so I made one that wraps around it and ties at the bottom. The off white oval rug is also one of my creations. You can find it and other rugs in my shop.


I put three big crochet blankets inside the basket and it still had room for a stuffed sheep I made from a white towel and fabric scraps.



Here's a closeup of the scallop edge on the basket. I just love that it makes the basket seem a little bit delicate despite it's great size.


Next time I will be posting some photos of a hot pink rug I'm working on now. It will be such a beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment